Indier Than Thou: Water!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Water!

In honour of May 24 and cottages and the like, here is this. Water, beaches, sailing, whatever. THOSE things. Those things the loser boating community can't experience because of this shit weather, which makes me pretty happy, though I'm sure the boaters don't care about that or anything else really (which is a boater characteristic, they all have it, even kayakers).

You know, I want a boat! If anyone has any information on how I could get myself one and live on it forever without getting attacked by pirates or sea police or water vehicle safety guys, it'd be nice.

This is a right "WAVE" of mp3's (ha, ha) and took seventeen years just to upload and link to, so there are no descriptions or anything.

1. Genessaret (Going Out Over 30,000 Fathoms of Water) - Anathallo

2. Water - Jason Mraz

3. Underwater's Where The Action Is - Kelley Stoltz

4. Whilte Waves - Shearwater

5. Paper Boat - Belle and Sebastian

6. It's As Clear - Let's Go Sailing

7. A Seafood Song - The Divine Comedy

8. Where There's A Will There's a Whalebone - Islands

9. Seaside - The Kooks

10. Sea Legs - The Shins

11. Between the Moon and the Ocean - Bon Savants

12. Ocean - poor Yorik

13. You're the Ocean - Teitur

14. Beach Song - Speechwriters LLC

15. Ride A White Swan - T. Rex

16. Moving Pictures, Silent Films - Great Lake Swimmers

17. The River - Marz (with an umlaut!)

18. My Love (Diplo Remix) - Justin TimberLAKE?!

19. Tidal Wave - David Gray

20. The Flood - Bishop Allen

21. The Great Salt Lake - Band of Horses

22. Stowaway - Tullycraft

23. Some Things Make Your Soul Feel Clean - Duke Special

24. Big Boat - M. Ward

25. Kaskaskia River - Sufjan Stevens

26. Catch The Wind - Donovan

27. Sailed On - Landon Pigg

28. Know Which Way The Wind Blows - The Postmarks

29. Heaven - Swimmer

30. I Know There's An Answer (Beach Boys cover) - Sonic Youth

On thirty-first thought, I don't know if the boating community would ever allow me to have a boat of any kind and I should probably forget about it and go back to my sad ghetto wall-painting dreams.

Bonus! The Ocean Doesn't Want Me - Tom Waits